Saturday, February 23, 2008

A week in doodles.

This week was long and hard. Nothing terrible, just one of those weeks when a lot of little things go wrong and by the end, you want to crawl in bed and never get out. These doodles are the result of two particularly frustrating days. The first, Monday, is an artistic rendering of my walking path that day. I only had one class, and Mondays are usually great days for that reason. I study in the library for a little while, work at a relaxed pace and go to my only class at 3:45. This past Monday began with a 3-mile round-trip walk downtown to tutor at a school that turned out to be closed for Winter Break. My bad luck continued.

(Click to view full size)


The second is a doodle I drew on Thursday. By that time, I had hit a major roadblock with internships, had the most work of the semester, and endured several catastrophes related to group projects. I guess the grayness of Syracuse (aka The Doldrums) was getting me down, and I drew this as I nursed a cup of tea in Schine waiting for my next class.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

oh how i miss you. these doodles are splendid. as wonderful as your stories. well no, but it enhances it that much further. i miss you love!

Anonymous said...

oh darling, I was looking at your map doodle and my favorite part about it is that there is no number 15. Because you know that I stalk your every move this made my job much easier and you in fact gave me quite a giggle with your numbering as you proved how opposites attract as you are a literary genius and all I notice is the numbers... But I just wanted to say that I love you and you have made me smile in a stressful time of midterm week before spring break. I can't wait to see you next week!