The UPS man officially has no sense of humor. He arrived this morning carrying a menagerie of different-sized boxes. The most notable was a long box, nearly up to my waist and about 7-inches wide.
"Oh! You finally brought my pogo stick!" I exclaimed merrily, wrongfully thinking a joke might break up the monotony of delivering packages to unenthused desk attendants.
He smirks, the slightest of responses to avoid being completely rude.
"I am simply jumping with excitement...." I say tentatively. "Bouncing with bliss...?"
He stares coldly. "Would you please just sign for these, mam?"
Okay, yes sir. Sorry sir. Didn't mean it. Have a good day. Sorry. It's not really a pogo stick. Just joking. Not funny. Don't hate me.
1 comment:
I'm delighted to see you've re-assumed your blogging responsibilities. One gold star towards being a well-accomplished web journalist.
As for me, I think Ashley can say it best; "Die in a fire." And you might be able to provide an equally telling miming gesture; something to the effect of a match lighting.
Basically, I'm crashing and burning on the blog front. I'm a failure.
Post a Comment