As the blog gets back up and running, it's time to reboot some of its old features. Today I bring you Linkfest, where I share some of the favorite things I've come across lately as I wander the web.
The Huffington Post wrote a rather obnoxious article recently called "Turning 30: 30 Things Every Woman Should Have and Know." A Boston blogger called their list "oudated, sexist, heterosexist [and] materialistic" and wrote her own, much better, version. Read it here.
Anyone who listens to Radiolab probably wants to be friends with Jad Abumrad and/or Robert Krulwich in the worst kind of way. While I love both men with a magnitude that is inappropriate for strangers, I am most endlessly enchanted by Krulwich's voice and his childlike curiosity about humans, science and how the two fit together. He keeps a blog which sometimes overlaps with the show's content, but generally features any cool, science- y things my fake friend Robert comes across. Here are two of my favorite recent posts. This one, "Books So Good You Want To Become Them" features the Best Animated Short from last year and is a must-see for book lovers everywhere. Or take a look at this one, where a high school math genius explains why stars are the coolest.
I worked on a cookstove project in Panama, so it's interesting to read about a new study highlighting the challenges of promoting them in the developing world.
And now for something more materialistic, I love this blog Frugal Fashionistas. I'm still a bit challenged when it comes to putting an outfit together, but this blog shows you budget alternatives for celebrity outfits, piece by piece.
No comments:
Post a Comment