A long-awaited second installment of Dear Abby/Queer Crabby, wherein I post one of the aging advice maiden's strange responses to a letter. She really sucks all the fun out of this poor woman's happy tale:
DEAR ABBY: I have a "pennies from heaven" story you might appreciate. My best friend, "Darrel," was a smoker who collected quarters. His apartment had two distinguishing features -- stacks of quarters and the smell of secondhand smoke. Because we were both busy people, we had seen each other only twice in about a year, but maintained a phone and e-mail friendship.
I had planned a trip out west to spend time with family and had e-mailed him about it. Unbeknownst to me, Darrel had been very ill, and he died the day I sent the e-mail. I learned about it while I was in transit to my destination. There was nothing I could do. I had no way to get to his funeral and no way to say goodbye.So readers, how can we help Abby loosen up? Find her a man? Pour her a stiff drink? Take her to Six Flags and show her what it means to have fun? Orrrrrr, maybe beat her up with a sock full of quarters?
2 comments:
HAHAHHAHA so true. what's eating her. i thought she was going maybe even make her own PSA about the dangers of smoking
i vote sock full of quarters .... it has poetic justice
Post a Comment