"You Can Call Me Al" by Paul Simon is an excellent song from one of my favorite albums, but this video is totally inexplicable in the very best way. Why is Chevy Chase in it? What is with the demonstrative gestures and matter-of-fact lip synching. Does Paul Simon always keep flutes in his pocket? Have two people ever looked siller next to each other than Paul and Chevy? This video poses so many more questions than it answers, and that's how I like it. It's worth mentioning that Paul Simon's official YouTube channel re-posted this last year, so it's obvious nobody here has any regrets.
Peter Gabriel's "Solsbury Hill" is one of the finest contributions to America's musical landscape. Every time it comes on while I am driving, my car's upholstery is treated to a truly rousing rendition, and I can feel my heart beat in sync with Peter's lyrics "My heart going BOOM BOOM BOOM."
What makes the video remarkable is that Mr. Gabriel begins to ride a bike around the 1:10 mark, which is not something I'm used to seeing during a live performance. Which makes me wonder about other times I could start riding a bike when other people normally would not. Some thoughts: 1) While waiting for a deli clerk to fill my order for a half sour pickle 2) In a CVS. I spend too much time and money in this store as it is, but maybe having wheels would help move the process along 3) At staff meetings. I work in health care and physical activity = health. Who could argue?
No comments:
Post a Comment