Sunday, October 21, 2012

The Greatest Observations

Some things I've come across recently:

Two days in a row, I saw these geese trying to cross in the crosswalk during my morning walk to work. If they're going to cause a disturbance, at least they're playing by the rules. Which almost but not quite makes up for all the defecating they do on my walking paths.





'"It's disturbing," said Louise Reilly Sacco, the permanent acting interim executive director of the museum."

Do you understand Louise's title, because I don't. I thought maybe it was a joke, since she does work at the Museum of Bad Art, but who can be sure?

Was there a popular demand for these?



In case you're having trouble reading the title of this book, let me help you. It says "Purebaby posing recipes." 

I'd like to start by saying that I think we should steer clear from using the word baby and recipe together. It just creates weird feelings, lots of confusion, and sometimes the munchies. Second, why do people want to do this to babies? Who sees a baby and thinks, "I wonder what kind of flower pots I could fit this in?" or "I wonder if this baby will fall asleep inside of a carved pumpkin?" These are not natural, human thoughts, and I don't find them artful. This all began when we started enabling Ann Geddes and her odd compulsions, and now we have copycat books, and the essential question of WHY is still unanswered.



1 comment:

dundee51 said...

Wonder how they get those babies to sign the Model Release form.