The Biggest Scare
I was running through the woods. The gun shots were getting closer. I was being cautious not to make much noise but at the same time trying to be quick.
I could hear a man named David saying, "I can see one." Uh Oh. I thought.
As the man got closer, I could see David was a tall broad man with brown eyes and brown hair. A man by the name of Bob was running with David to catch me. He was big. Actually he was outrageously humongous. I could hear them getting closer. But they were well camouflaged. I could hear them getting closer. I could see them now and they could see me! I started to run. Then out of nowhere came Bob and jumped on me! But I think he felt kind of bad about it.
David came over and said "Nice job."
"Thanks," said Bob. David picked me up by the legs and threw me in the back of the red, rusty pick up truck. Ouch! It had to be at least an hour back to a place that seemed to be a farm.
Bob came over to me and said "Out you go." But I didn't want to go so I pulled away. Bob pushed me out. David scooped me up and brought me to a large stump. I could tell he didn't care about anything. He raised his ax. It was shining in the noon-day sun. David quickly brought down his ax. This is the end I thought. To my surprise he stopped short about 3 inches above my neck.
Then I heard a woman shout, "I arready found a turkey!"
"Okay Mom," David shouted. Once again I got carelessly thrown into the back of the pick up. But this time I was returned to my home instead of getting my head chopped off.
After re-reading this, twelve years later, I have several conclusions.
1) I had way better handwriting when I was eight.
2) If I were the teacher, I might have referred this student to a counselor.
3) I wish I could write those kind of twist endings nowadays.
I could hear a man named David saying, "I can see one." Uh Oh. I thought.
As the man got closer, I could see David was a tall broad man with brown eyes and brown hair. A man by the name of Bob was running with David to catch me. He was big. Actually he was outrageously humongous. I could hear them getting closer. But they were well camouflaged. I could hear them getting closer. I could see them now and they could see me! I started to run. Then out of nowhere came Bob and jumped on me! But I think he felt kind of bad about it.
David came over and said "Nice job."
"Thanks," said Bob. David picked me up by the legs and threw me in the back of the red, rusty pick up truck. Ouch! It had to be at least an hour back to a place that seemed to be a farm.
Bob came over to me and said "Out you go." But I didn't want to go so I pulled away. Bob pushed me out. David scooped me up and brought me to a large stump. I could tell he didn't care about anything. He raised his ax. It was shining in the noon-day sun. David quickly brought down his ax. This is the end I thought. To my surprise he stopped short about 3 inches above my neck.
Then I heard a woman shout, "I arready found a turkey!"
"Okay Mom," David shouted. Once again I got carelessly thrown into the back of the pick up. But this time I was returned to my home instead of getting my head chopped off.
After re-reading this, twelve years later, I have several conclusions.
1) I had way better handwriting when I was eight.
2) If I were the teacher, I might have referred this student to a counselor.
3) I wish I could write those kind of twist endings nowadays.
4) If you've ever wondered what I was like as a child, this should make clear to you that I was pretty much always a freak show.
2 comments:
i didnt get much further than "the gun shots were getting closer" before i laughed myself out of my chair
Was there a grade on this paper?
Post a Comment