My roommate and I probably talk too much about the Daily Coyote blog and its writer, Shreve Stockton. But how can you not? The woman lives in a one-room cabin, seemingly without any indoor plumbing, and, well, raises a coyote. Talk about living the dream.
Upon the posting of a new question in the FAQ section of her site, she has officially earned sainthood in my book, and even surpassed Dooce as the coolest blogger ever. I would link to her Web site, but last time I did that, she wrote back, and my heart nearly stopped. But she's outdone herself this time. And that's saying a lot for a woman who writes about rolling around in urine-soaked piles of corn.
...She cut off the coyote's wee-wee. By herself. SHE CASTRATED A COYOTE.
Bob Barker would be so proud.
I will be buying all of my loved ones a copy of her book that comes out in November, because, well, coyote castration is something I would like to discuss at the next family Christmas party. Furthermore, I feel responsible for supporting Shreve financially, as she has fulfilled one of my lifelong wishes of performing surgery in a Dr.-Quinn-Medicine-Woman-like setting. I might not be ready to sharpen my scalpel and start hacking away at genitals myself, but such an account will certainly make for a juicy read.
No comments:
Post a Comment