So I have this character quirk that causes me to make greater-than-average eye contact with people, and then form sweeping generalizations about their personalities based on the impression I get from staring deeply into their eyes. In case you haven't heard, they're called the windows to your soul! And if you try to deny these qualitative research methods, I will vehemently shoot you down and resume staring awkwardly at you. Some have told me I am a creep.
While it is against my constitution to suggest that people should change their eye color (colored contacts are a capital sin), I list here for you several song that romanticize the dreamy qualities of all of our different-colored irises. This comes after Connie brought to my attention the constant joy we derive from this song:
BROWN EYED GIRL, VAN MORRISON
Excerpt:
In the misty morning fog with our hearts a thumpin' and you,
My brown eyed girl.
And didn't Kelly Clarkson make us feel that hazel-eyed girls were just that much more entitled to MAD CRAZY post-Idol rage? The embedding is disabled on the official video, so here is a creepy-ass Sims version:
Excerpt:
Broken up, deep inside
But you won't get to see the tears I cry,
behind these hazel eyes
Did we all see Garden State? Here's Blue Eyes, by the Cary Brothers.
Excerpt:
Cause Blue Eyes
All the lights on and you are alive
But you can't point the way to your heart
Green Eyes, Coldplay
Excerpt:
Green eyes, you're the one that I wanted to find
And anyone who, tried to deny you must be out of their mind
Honorable Mention: Bob Dylan's Sad-Eyed Lady of the Lowlands. I felt it would be wrong to feature this ditty, as "sad" is not a color, but this is one of my top-five Dylan favorites. So listen to it.
3 comments:
velvet undergrounds "pale blue eyes" always made me wish desperately that my eyes were well pale blue
this is a pretty brilliant post. thank you. and my eyes are brown.
Ooooh, a song with TWO eye colors!
"What has he got that I don't have?
Is it his brown eyes?
I know blue eyes get boring but
I'll wear dark glasses all the time..."
Saves the Day "Sell My Old Clothes, I'm Off to Heaven" =D
Post a Comment