Sunday, March 1, 2009

In the mind of a procrastinator...a stream of consciousness

I'm going to write my paper. Let me find the course reader and my notes. Page 29...women in the labor movement...

I'm thirsty. I guess I should make some tea. Oh, this kitchen is disgusting. I should clean it.

Kitchen is cleaned. Back to work, but I shouldn't do my history homework right now. Must research my magazine article so I can sketch out some interview questions. Let's check the news to see if there are any updates on my topic. Better yet, Twitter. Now let's read the Twitter feeds of every single one of my followers. So many links from NPR! I need to listen to these stories.

This has been productive. Maybe I'll write some cover letters for jobs. Let's pull up the Career Center's e-mail. Ooh! An email from my mom! Hi mom! I should write back. Sent. Ooh! Someone wrote on my wall. Which reminds me, I need to go on facebook to RSVP to an event. Huh? Facebook says it's Julie's birthday? I have to call her.

Where's my phone? Can someone call my phone? Oh I hear it, it's in my bed. Oh my God, when was the last time I washed my sheets? I need to do that right now. Okay, laundry's on. Back to work.

But first I should put on some music. I can only be productive if I'm listening to something good. Hey, where's my Ipod? Oh I hope I didn't leave it at the gym. Speaking of, I need to put on another load of laundry. My gym clothes smell worse than a fifth-grade classroom after recess.

But I don't have any more quarters for the washer and dryer. I have to take a walk to the coin machine. I need some fresh air anyway.

Back. Found my Ipod in the hamper. I'm going to sit on my bed and read, away from the computer. No reading news, e-mails, Twitter, anything. I can only read about women in the labor movement.

Labor movement? Textile mills my foot, at least they had jobs! I will never find work. Why am I even trying to study? I'm a second-semester senior. I haven't watched Grey's in three weeks. Maybe I should just do that instead.

4 comments:

paigedearing said...

classic. story of my life.

Megamoo said...

you speak such words of truth

Deb O. said...

Amen sister.

James Basha/\/\ said...

I'm glad my inner monologue is not as as scattered and filled with conflicting goals as yours is.