Monday, March 30, 2009

Songs that make your heart sing: Double whammy edition

I'm bringing you two songs today because I'm feeling generous.

First up, Laura Izibor with ''From my heart to yours." Laura's awesome! She definitely has her own sound, but if I had to describe it I would say Jill Scott meets Alicia Keys meets John Legend by way of Otis Redding a dash of Stevie Wonder. Aka awesomeness. Not everyone knows about my weakness for soul music and good R+B, but I'm confessing it now. Well, perhaps confessing is the wrong word. I am proudly declaring it!

I first heard this song on a Syracuse radio station I don't normally listen to when my Zune died at the gym. I've listened to it a dozen times since then, and it sounds to me like the a perfect, upbeat song to play while the days get longer and the temperature gets warmer.



Second, I'm still not over the elation I felt at the Ra Ra Riot show this weekend. If you've ever heard them live, you know what I mean. Definitely one band whose live performances far exceed any studio recording. Here's the video for ''Can you tell." Anyone want to go drum on doors with me? It looks fun.

1 comment:

James Basha/\/\ said...

Ra Ra Riot's other two music videos are really cool too, especially the one for dying is fine. Who still makes music videos though?