Thursday, April 19, 2012

I'm back

I stopped writing here almost three years ago as I was preparing to leave for Peace Corps. I blogged about that experience here, but if you don't have time to sift through more than 100 entries, the cliff notes are: it was awesome.

I've been home for almost six months, and a lot has changed since I last wrote at Catherine the Greatest. Blogger's layout has morphed completely and it took me several minutes to figure out how to write this post. I am no longer consumed with lust for Starbucks baristas or with anxiety about employability (well maybe a little still of that last one). I'm a little older, maybe slightly wiser, and generally less annoyed with NASA.

One thing is the same though, and that is that I still love to write. Writing about my experiences in Panama helped me understand them better, and I think that's always been the case with whatever I do. When you write, you explain an idea to another person, and in doing so, to yourself.

So I'm back because blogging is fun and makes my brain work. You can expect more of the blathering random content from before, and perhaps the occasional entry that won't make you regret coming here.

I'll be playing around with format in the coming weeks. Feel free to say hi or offer suggestions.

In the mean time, I'll direct you to an area that sparked the initial desire to start blogging again. Click on the "Wandering Massachusetts" tab up top.

3 comments:

MollyMe84 said...

I love this. Please post pictures!

Molly

Kate L. said...

Best thing to happen to me in 4 weeks. Can't wait for your next post!!

paigedearing said...

Yay! one more resource to help me excessively stalk you from afar. <3