Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Stuff you should know part deux

How can the day after an election be a slow news day? Obscure headline of the week: Photographer who took LBJ's swearing-in photo dies.
-----
And, in this week's "Stuff You Should Know" segment, I am bringing you a series of articles from the frontlines of science. 
First, magnetic portals open up every eight minutes or so and "connect" the Earth to the Sun. Those who know me know that I don't really believe in "space" and the idea of magnetism on a planetary level is just too far past my brain capacity. So you can imagine my face when I read the article.

The headline pretty much says it all: The Stink in Farts Controls Blood Pressure. Do you think the doctors who author these studies feel a wee bit silly? 

Maybe this substantiates my in-depth eye contact and human interaction theories: Video conferencing makes it harder to make important decisions!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

magnetic portals? really guys, come on. someday 200 years from now this is the stuff people are going to laugh at us about.